I have seen it happen first hand! I met Mark Ryden many years ago at Comic Con and was immediately taken with his work. In fact, I liked it so much.. I asked him if he would appear in my graphic novel," I Paparazzi." (there is a party scene with a group of celebrities ) My prediction came to life, and now.. he IS a celebrity! Complete with limos, and celebrity collectors… a few of his clients include Stephen King, Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Ringo Starr, etc. Everything he does is special, the announcements, invitations, bookmarks, limited edition pins, it is all truly unique.
Mark opened a new show this weekend in LA at the Kohn Gallery in Hollywood. If you are in Los Angeles before June 28th be sure to attend. The monumental size of the images alone is inspiring.
Although he is not a photographer, much of his reference material comes from photography and it is always hung proudly, accompanying the art.
Make sure to check out the amazing animated wagon in the back room, it will play for you with just a single penny.
Here are a few more pieces from the show…
And… in case you are wondering, YES... that IS Katy Perry !
Anyway… here is one of my favorite quotes of his :
" I believe if you follow your heart and do what you love, success will follow. If you enchant yourself, others will be too. "
So.. there you GO, this CAN Happen !





No comments:
Post a Comment