Bill Brandt created some amazing distorted nudes... check out these more recent images by Roger Weiss, titled " Human Dilatations ". Don't own a wide angle lens ?, no worries... you can create distortions the old school way! Shoot through an old piece of antique glass, the bottom of an ashtray, the sky is the limit !






I decided to use this concept for my project in Photo Crit. Shooting a series through other pieces of glass (glasses, mugs, martini glasses, bottles, a crystal ashtray, and even a small coffee pot). I am using the distortion to portray our own distorted self images by utilizing the striations, curvature, and imperfections in the glass to distort and amplify the individuals. I wanted to let you know that tis was the post that inspired the project (I have even submitted a few images from the series for exhibition - fingers crossed)
ReplyDelete